Where tradition and the present meet.

Traversing through this life balancing tradition and the present, I create.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Accepting Imperfection

For years I found myself putting down a project out of frustration when I found a mistake and to be honest there are many projects that I never picked up again.  But as I have improved in my techniques and gained  more experience I have learned how to fix the mistakes or work through a problem in a pattern.  In my knitted projects I can spot an error ten rows back and most the time be able to fix it without taking out the entire ten rows.  There is that saying "done is better than perfect" and in many ways it makes sense, but I know myself.  I know that if I am aware of a mistake that is what I will notice in finished project.

It is not as easy to fix problems in life, even when one has learned better techniques and gained experience.  I guess it is possible to ignore the problem and some people can even walk away and never look back, but I cannot.  I do not think "done is better than perfect" is the way I want to look at my life. I have no problem accepting imperfections in others, why is it so hard to accept them in myself? 

So here is the purpose of my blog..... Crazy as it may seem I still have many of those unfinished projects that I never picked up again.  I am going to pick up those unfinished pieces, do the best I can with them, and appreciate all the things I have learned (whether that be improved techniques or acceptance of imperfection).

No comments:

Post a Comment